The Intensive Treatment Programme
The Intensive Treatment Programme (ITP) is a day programme for young people who are already in treatment for an eating disorder, but need a bit of extra support.
The programme is like a kick-start to recovery: it’s a short, intensive burst of treatment, perfect for getting you back on track and into your daily life. The best place for young people to thrive is at home with their friends and family – ITP lets you get there sooner, and we’ll support you every step of the way.
Who ITP is for
- At ITP, we see under 18s living in England who have an eating disorder and feel like their treatment isn’t progressing despite everyone’s best efforts. ITP is a day programme so young people and family members need to be able to commute daily to ITP.
- If you haven’t been treated for an eating disorder before, we always suggest contacting your local specialist service before even thinking about ITP. For most people, this is more than enough.
- If you’re already in treatment and still feel that you need more support, ITP might be for you. Just ask your practitioner to get in touch with us.
What ITP looks like
- ITP is open five days per week, and young people attend anywhere from half a day to five days per week, depending on their needs.
- We follow the school year, and most young people attend ITP for around 14 weeks, with breaks for half-term.
- We offer a highly structured programme that combines education, therapy, group meetings and meal support.
- We also offer support programmes for parents and families, who we know are essential to the recovery process.
- One of ITP’s biggest strengths is how adaptive we are to your specific needs. For example, if you’re struggling with co-existing conditions beyond eating disorders, such as high anxiety and low mood, we take these into account from the very start.
If you’re unsure about whether you should be worried, please get in touch. We can help.
We serve young people under the age of 18 who are registered with a GP in one of these London boroughs: Bexley, Bromley, Croydon, Greenwich, Lambeth, Lewisham and Southwark.
If you think that you or a family member might have an eating disorder, simply complete the relevant online referral form below, or call us on 020 3228 2545 during our office hours: Monday to Friday, from 9 to 5pm.